Visitors Last 7 Days

Tuesday 1 November 2011

End of Summer (By: Alan Stephenson)

Hello , I have just returned from my travels abroad. My last run was from Geneva to Lyon then Lyon to Rome. Oh how nice to feel that warm sun on your back. My van ran well and my trusty steed accompanied me on my travels.( Marin mountain bike)
Geneva was warm and classy and a ride down to the lake and into the town was a must. It was a shame I had to leave but Lyon didn't dissapoint. A friend and I took the bikes out and a warm sunny day saw us travelling along the riverside and through some of the quaint french towns. The small town of Trevoux has some lovely bicycle loops.
Then on to Rome. Last year I took the bikes on the train into the city centre and risked the ravages of Roma traffic. Never again.!!
The bike did come out for a trip to the local cafe for my daily latte. ha ha.
In the south of France in Frejus they have a mountain bike week called the Roc d'Azur (google it) it would make a great trip next year. In October the weather is beautiful and the rides vary in difficulty and length catering for all levels of experience. So get those mountain bikes ready for next year. The atmosphere is electric and there is a massive exhibition of biking goods and demonstrations . We should make it a yearly event.
There are also road routes too.
I have ridden this year in Norway, Denmark, Belgium and Hamburg Germany and around the lake in Austria and \Lucern in Switzerland....Well somebody has got to do it.....lol
Now it's time to wrap up and get back out there for more adventures....let's keep it going and keep up that hard earned fitness.
Alan








No comments:

Post a Comment